Yesterday, April 23, 2011, Brandon and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We can't believe that it's been five years already because it really seems to have flown by! Nate slept in, which meant Brandon and I got to sleep in as well, and then Brandon made me one of my favorite breakfast meals - homemade waffles and bacon. It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day so we went to a nearby area called Rio, ate frozen yogurt, walked around the lake, ate Potbelly's for dinner, and shared our favorite memories and blessings we've received during the last five years. It was low-key yet wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable time together as a family.
Several months ago, we had talked about taking a vacation somewhere to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Perhaps we'll get to do that some time this year but it was such a blessing just to be together and I couldn't be happier about how we spent our day together. Brandon has been working incredibly hard the last six weeks or so with renovations at our new house, which has meant that time together has been hard to come by. I've recently been thinking often about a conversation I had with Dad Averill about Brandon before we were married. Dad described Brandon to me as a humble, caring, tenderhearted, and hardworking man. I've definitely witnessed and been the beneficiary of all these characteristics of this wonderful man I married, but I've definitely grown to appreciate the hardworking and diligent man he is all the more these past few weeks.
Thanks love, for all the ways you've blessed and cared for me. I know you've been caring much on your heart - the weight of getting this new house ready for your family - and working hard with your hands and body. I am so grateful for all you've been doing. Thanks for all the wonderful memories... I can't wait to live out the rest of my life with you by my side.

Happy anniversary!! We love you!
ReplyDelete