Sadly, this is a no picture post but I still wanted to get some updates on here. Apparently, there is a limit on the number/size of pictures you can store and I've maxed that out. Don't really want to pay for more memory space so until I figure out what to do, I'm afraid there won't be pictures for a while (anyone have any suggestions?). There are tons of great pictures from the last few weeks so I hope to get some on here soon!
Well, Nate recently had his 15-month doctor's visit and he's doing great as ever! He's increased in his weight percentile a bit but maintaining others at the same rate of growth. Also, by doctor's orders, we started brushing Nate's four teeth twice a day. Nate seems to really enjoy it so that's been fun to add to our daily routine.
15-month stats (Date 02/14/2010)
Weight measurement: 23 lbs 12 oz
Weight percentile: 25-50%
Height measurement: 31 1/2 inches
Height percentile: 50-75%
Head circumference: 48 cm
Head circumference percentile: 75%
We learned, to our surprise, that Nate knows how to sign "more" and "please". I guess he just didn't choose to do it before because I asked him one day out of the blue to say please and he signed it right away and I had not shown it to him in months! It's definitely interesting to see what he has been picking up on without us realizing it.
Since just before turning 15 months old, Nate has been increasingly interested in using the spoon, so much so that it's often a challenge to feed him sometimes nowadays. We're trying to work with him and teach him that he can self-feed some types of food and needs our help with others. He does fairly well if we try to spoon feed him while we give him some other finger food to eat on his own. Hopefully he'll get over the novelty of feeding himself soon until he can handle the spoon/fork fairly well.
He's also imitating us more and more and he's been trying to "help" us with various household chores - like wiping down the table, wiping his mouth after a meal, "help" with laundry, etc. He seems to do well following simple instructions so we've been trying to work with him to put away his books and toys at the end of the day. He also tries to put clothing items like the bib, socks, shoes, and jackets on his own but he is usually quick to bring to us for help saying "uh guh!" Nate seems to have a strong will to try things on his own. After all, he is Brandon's son, who used to be known as "Mr. I can do it!"
Nate is a solid 1 napper now. He's been in transition mode since mid-December but since about two weeks ago, he's doing great with 1 nap from approximately 1-4pm. He's still continuing his 12-hour, 7am-7pm routine. As far as activities go, he's recently been enjoying going outside, running around (especially in our church lobby on Sundays and interacting with other kiddos), and taking baths. Nate loves to splash the water so much that Brandon thinks we should be wearing raincoats in there to bath him from now on but I just love watching Nate enjoying himself and being the little baby/kid that he is. We love you so much Nate! I hope he'll always be quick to laugh and enjoy the simple things in life like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment